Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Jaz, Warrior Princess......

I like to start this post off to thank those of you who were praying for my baby girl. Her eye exam went off with out a hitch and I know that god heard your prayers as he watched over his beautiful little angel.

Normally Jasmine sleeps like a rock through most of the night. I say most because she always wakes up for a bottle and a diaper change at least once per night. The past three nights she has been up every two hours! Rob and I feel like we've got a newborn all over again! Out of all three nights last night had to be the worst. It seemed like as soon as she fell asleep and we put her in her crib, she was right back up again crying. My motherly instincts were screaming that Jaz was more than likely hungry, and I felt so horrible because due to the anesthesia she would be getting in the morning she couldn't eat anything after 12pm only juice and water till 4am and after that she had to do without! I felt like a terrible mother!

Then 6:00 am came too soon! Once we were ready and we packed up a little diaper bag for Jasmine we were out the door and on our way to the Surgical Center. After getting lost and taking a wrong turn we finally arrived, late as we usually are, at 7:10 am. Now we had to play the waiting game. After about an hours wait we were finally called back to get Jasmine's weight (18.05 lbs!), change her into these a pair of cute hospital PJ's and then wait for the anesthesiologist to come in and answer any of our questions.

2 1/2 hours after we arrived we were STILL waiting! All I could do the entire time was watch my little angel. It isn't until moments like this that you really appreciate everything that god has placed in your life. I knew in my heart of hearts that everything was going to turn out ok. I just couldnt shake the small case of "what if's" that had been going through my mind for the past few weeks.

Here are a couple pictures I snapped with my cell phone just before the nurse came in to take her into the O.R.
Photobucket
Photobucket

I will never forget the look she had on her face when I handed her over to the nurse. I almost broke down right there, but I didn't. I had to be strong for her. I had to show her that she could face anything.

Photobucket
I had to post another happier pic as I would feel awful knowing the last thing you saw was my sad, scared baby girl.

Once again thank you all for your prayers!
God bless!
<3>

No comments:

Post a Comment